It was the summer of 2012, when Instagram made its spectacular debut in all leading app stores.
From zero users in the month of April, to 80 million users by the end of July, it was one most important factor that made Facebook acquire Instagram. Instagram happens to one of the biggest acquisitions for Facebook and we all know what Facebook is.
The popularity of Instagram has increased by leaps and bounds, since the time it came under the radar of Facebook. The number of users at 80 million is just a hint of the success of Instagram and what is yet to come. The popularity of Instagram shows in ranks as well. Instagram happens to be the 24th most popular site in USA and 41st most popular site, globally.
Instagram is not only about Selfies. Various online and offline enterprises make use of Instagram for advertising purposes. The sponsored video and photo option provided by Instagram is brought into immaculate use by various enterprises, for reaching out to the masses. These ads are more beneficial for travel companies, given the users are always looking for exquisite pictures on Instagram.
Instagram app is very much adaptive. Instagram allows its user to share photos on various social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. Instagram is very similar to Snapchat when it comes to sharing photos with an individual or with a group of people.
Instagram is a leading social networking app and everyone living in this era of social networking must know about it. We bring to you a set of facts about Instagram.
- Instagram was officially launched for iPhones in the financial year of 2010. It was the month of October, when Instagram came into existence and within one month, the app gained more than one million users. Reports suggest that it took 2 years for Twitter to reach the mark of one million users.
- According to a report by an acclaimed magazine, Instagram has more than 150 million active users. More than 16 billion photos have been shared over the network and around 55 million photos are posted daily.
- As mentioned earlier, Instagram is the hub of online advertisers, Nike, NBA, Addidas and Starbucks happen to be the some of the most popular brands on Instagram.
- 257 minutes happen to be the average time a user spends on Instagram while for Twitter this average timing is between 169-180 minutes.
- Every second more than 6700 photos are uploaded on Instagram.
- This is unbelievable but real. Instagram receives 8500 likes and 1000 comments every second.
- 23 % of teen users of the Internet across the world have voted for Instagram as their favorite social networking site.
- 9 out of every 10 videos shared on Instagram, takes place via Facebook.
- Thanksgiving 2013 was the busiest day in the history of Instagram.
- The amusing fact about Instagram is that 37 % of its users have never posted a single photo.
- 23% of users on Instagram have shared 1 to 3 pictures.
- 23% of American Internet users are on Instagram.
This is just the beginning; Instagram is all set to make spectacular waves in the sea of Success.