If you have been wondering how to get your favorite smartphone messenger WhatsApp on your PC, the good news is: it’s possible!
WhatsApp is the most popular android messenger till date despite the fact that it faces tough competition from other popular contenders such as Hike and WeChat. Outdoing WhatsApp is hard simply because it provides a streamlined interface and easy voice, video, and text chat functionalities all under a single roof of a powerful messenger client. WhatsApp is currently available on the Windows (phone), Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Symbian platforms. However, there is still no official WhatsApp for the computer. In case you are looking to get it running on your PC, this guide is for you. Follow the instructions carefully to install this great app on your computer within minutes.
There are two methods to have WhatsApp messenger running on your computer.
Method 1: Install WhatsApp on Computer Using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is a popular android emulator for windows PC. You can easily install this powerful android emulator and run any android app on PC without any hiccups. BlueStacks is totally free and you do not need to pay for installing latest android apps, thanks to its built-in app marketplace. This emulator is also available for the Macintosh OSX platform. Therefore, Mac users can also enjoy using WhatsApp right from their MacBooks. The Windows version of this emulator supports all the latest operating systems starting from Windows XP to Windows 8.
Steps to Follow:
There are 10 easy steps to get WhatsApp running, right from your PC. Follow the steps carefully and you will be able to stay connected with your friends in no time.
- Download and install the latest version of BlueStacks from its official site (http://www.bluestacks.com/)
- Next, click the desktop icon of BlueStacks to access its main interface.
- You will see a list of top 25 apps there; you need to navigate to the My Apps tab on the upper right side. By clicking on My Apps, you will be redirected to the screen having a few default apps.
- Hit the App Search button to search for the latest WhatsApp version in the AppStore.
- In the search bar that pops up, type WhatsApp and BlueStacks automatically shows you search results from three different stores.
- Now, select the WhatsApp messenger from the 1 mobile store results.
- Download starts immediately, and it only takes about a minute, depending upon your internet connectivity.
- Once installed, you will find WhatsApp for the computer in the My Apps tab.
- Click the app and perform the initial WhatsApp account setup and authentication options.
- Start using WhatsApp by sending messages to some of your friends from your PC.
Method 2: Install WhatsApp on Computer Using Wassapp
Wassapp is an unofficial WhatsApp client developed by Low Level Studio. It is a very light weight ‘WhatsApp-only emulator’. If you have a slow PC, wassap is an ideal choice for you as it requires the least amount of system resources to run WhatsApp without any problems. Visit the official download page to download wassap for PC (http://lowlevel-studios.com/wassapp/).
Steps to Follow:
In order to run WhatsApp on your computer using wassapp, you just need to follow 5 simple steps.
- Download Wassapp from the official site and install the application in your PC. The application is only 11 MB. Therefore, it gets downloaded a lot faster than BlueStacks. Once installed, Wassapp will display two options to get it started. You can use your existing WhatsApp account for login; else you need to create a new account.
- If you already have a working WhatsApp account, just select the country you are currently in and input your phone number and password on the given fields, to login. The password should be your phone’s IMEI number. For Macintosh users, you need to feed in the Wi-Fi address.
- In case you do not have a WhatsApp account, click on the Register button to create a new account.
- Select the proper country name and put your phone number and the identification code as described. Next, select either SMS or the Phone Call option to request a new login code.
- You will receive an auto-generated password. Use this password for all future logins in Wassapp.