Samsung has been riding high and 2014 seems to be a good year for the giant tech. In September, the very expected Note 4 will be released on the market, and everybody wants to get their hands on the awesome phablet. How different is from its predecessor, how improved it is, you’ll find out in this article.
The size of the Galaxy Note 3’s Super AMOLED display is identical with the upcoming Note’s display – 5.7 inches, but the first phablet supports a decent resolution of 1,080×1,920pixels, while with the Note 4, Samsung took a major step and build a screen that renders up to 2,560×1,440 (2K display) pixels. It also supports a higher pixel density – 500ppi, while the Note 3 supported only 386ppi. In addition, the Note 4’s display will be either bendable, or flexible.
Hardware and OS
The Galaxy Note 3 has three different processor-chipset combinations: a 2.3GHz quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, or 1.9GHz quad-core Cortex-A15 chipset, or 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 chipset. It comes with 16, 32 or 64GB of internal mass storage and 3GB of RAM.
On the other hand, the Note 4 will come with a 2.5GHz quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) processor, but according to other reports, it was speculated that the phablet will be powered by an octa-core 64-bit processor and will have 4GB of RAM + 128GB of internal memory.
As for the OS, the Note 3 came with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version, which was upgraded to the 4.4.2 KitKat version, while the Note 4 is rumored to run on the 4.4.3 KitKat version.
Cameras and Batteries
The Note 3 has a 13MP and a 2MP secondary camera and 2K recording capability. The Note 4 will come with a 20.7MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera, and it is rumored that will record 4K.
On the Note 3 you can talk 21 hours, on 3G, because it has a Li-Ion 3200mAh battery. The Note 4 will come with a 3600mAh battery.
1. The variants of shades for the Note 3 are: white, black, gold and pink. The Note 4 will come in white, black, red and green shades, according to Note4Galaxy.
2. The Note 4 will have the “Swipe to launch” feature, like the HTC One M8.
3. The phablet will come with the “Aqua Capture” feature, with which you’ll be able to take photos under water.
4. Another cool feature will be the “Multi Network for Booster”, which utilizes LTE and Wi-Fi to speed up the internet connection.
5. The Note 4 will have a fingerprint scanner, but we don’t know many details for now.
Related ItemsSamsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3