Screen and Price
The Grand II is slightly heavier than the S3, being 163 g when compared to the 133g of the S3.
The display screen on the S3 is of the Super AMOLED capacitive, touchscreen type, with the Grand II having a TFT Capacitive touchscreen type. The S3 is priced at about $199.99 for the 16GB model and $249.99 for the 32GB model with 2 year contracts, whereas the non contract price of the 16 GB model is $599 and for the 32 GB model is $649. In case of the Grand II, the price is around $375 for the 8GB version.
Display and Storage
When comparing the display size between the two phones, the Grand II has a bigger screen of 5.25 inches compared to the 4.8 inches of the S3. However, the screen resolution for both the phones is the same at 720 x 1280 pixels, though the ppi of the S3 is more due to the smaller screen, being 306 ppi, as compared to 280 ppi in the case of the Grand II. In case of internal memory storage, the Grand II is available in a 8 GB version with 1.5 GM of RAM, whereas the S3 is available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB versions, with 1 GB of RAM. Both the phones have expandable memory up to 64 GB, with the help of a microSD card.
The S3 runs the Android OS with 4.0.4 version, which is the Ice Cream Sandwich version, whereas the Grand II runs the Android OS, with the 4.3 versions, the Jelly Bean version. . The Grand II runs on a Quad core 1.2 GHz CPU Cortex A7, whereas the S3 runs on a Quad Core 1.4 GHz Cortex A9, Exynos 4212 Quad CPU. The battery capacity of the Grand II is slightly better at 2600 mAh, whereas that of the S3 is lesser at 2100 mAh, though both are Lithium Ion batteries. Both the phones offer connectivity features with Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0, as well as GPS support.
The primary camera in both the devices is of 8 MP resolutions with the same pixilation of 3264 x 2448 pixels. Both the phones also have a front facing camera of 1.9 MP and a resolution of 720 p at the rate of 30 frames per second (fps). Flash features along with auto focus and geo tagging as well as touch focus, face/smile detection, Image stabilization are features present in both the phones. Video recording is also available in both the phones, with a resolution of 1080 at the rate of 39 frames per second.
S3 – Unique Features
• The Best photo function enables picking the best among four shots taken with a single click. Though there are apps for such a feature, the functionality is built in the phone.
• The S Voice in the phone can be used for setting alarms, turning off the device, answering incoming calls or rejecting them, reducing or increasing the volume and also for taking pictures. The best part is that the phone is able to understand all types of accents.
Grand II – Unique Features
• Multi window is a useful feature present in the Grand II. In addition, the phone also supports several more third party applications. It also features other useful functionalities such as the S Voice, the Story Album, the S Translator a Voice Recorder and the Group Play.
• The Music player has a support for lyrics as well and it also offers some cool additions, such as the Tube amp effect and the EQ presets as well as Adapt sound.
• The camera is good at taking macro shots, with a great level of detail, is very good for outdoor shots and offers plenty of modes to choose from.
Related ItemsSamsung Galaxy Grand 2Samsung Galaxy S3